How many years have you promised yourself “this is the year I get it together!” Often the “revolving resolution” is an annual commitment to set and achieve new goals, manage work versus personal time commitments or focus on top priorities. Weeks pass into the New Year with the best of intentions but often also with a lack of a process or the tactics needed to execute your new pledge. Here is to making 2015 the year your failed promises stop and the start of your declarations become a reality.
Three things to examine that will help you get off the revolving door.
1. First, stop. Take a deep breath. Relax for a moment, I can assure you the world and your work will wait.
Ponder what you would like to celebrate in 2015. Wherever you are in life today – Be There! Examine these pillars of life:
2. Now, let’s identify and measure where you are spending your time so you can create your “stop doing list” and request for help from others:
- Activities like Meetings, Events or Calls
- Work like Operations, Accounting, Sales/Marketing
3. Finally, we need a blueprint for productivity with strategic items like:
- Business Plan
- Marketing Plan
- Sales Process
- Operational Plan
- Goals & Key Success Factors – Quarterly, Annually, Every Three Years
So that this list is not your cause for concern or additional anxiety, we have a website dedicated to sharing the lessons that will empower you to manage your time along with a process to make learning – and growing – a habit.
View our Time Management courses and discover the tips and techniques that will guide you to your most successful—and productive—year yet!